Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The love of God

Today I was reading atricles on the website http://www.catholic-prayer-life.com/, the author Colleen had mentioned about fear and how in fear, we do not at all trust God.

How true is that, when the time comes to hold God's hand and walk, we just leave it and stand at the edge of the hill. Though we know in our heart that its only God who can help us out and lead us out of the problem. Our mind takes over and though what our heart states, we believe that everything is in our control. We try our level best to do whatever we can to do rectify things and solve all the problems. And when we can't do anything, we surrender ourselves to God.

Why not surrender to him in 1st place. He is the actual driver you are like a new driver learning to drive. Your body is just like a car. You feel you are driving it but in actuality its God who is helping you to drive it and rectifying your mistakes. When you are about to mess up, he takes over.

Whatever happens he is behind it. He has a purpose behind it. It maybe something to fulfil some of your wish. You never know. Maybe he is taking an indirect route to make your dreams come true. Have faith in him and leave all your worries to him. I know its better said than done. The truth is I have learned it the hard way. When the fear comes it clutches your tummy and you feel lightheaded and forget everything about God and worry about future. A future which is never guaranteed that you may see. You cant help keeping your fear aside, even though you know it won't be of any help to you.

My Fiance Shoy lost his job, few months to marriage and we are feeling desperate for getting him a new job. I tried worrying about it, losing my sleep over it, having the fear of what next, how would we manage all the marriage expenses. I tried all possible ways to get him a job, but nothin worked. I got desperate blamed God for not helping me. Still nothing happened. Then I started praying. I felt better and more at peace. I understood its one of his plans. Even though its not clear but I do believe its for my own good. I'm his child and whatever he does its for my own betterment. This I have experienced prior in my life as well. Looking back in time I have cried and tried to find solutions to problems which were not in my hand and latter when I surrendered God took over and set things right.

There nothing bad in God's books. Whatever he does its for good. Its just we need time to realize it and face it. We need to have full faith in God and jump when we have to coz without the fear of falling down. We need to trust that he will be there to catch us and comfort us.

No comments:

Post a Comment